Screw plug W4085

Posted in: , on 13. Dec. 2015 - 09:07

Is there any difference between "screw plug W4085 B-M12*1.5, St" and "screw plug DIN908 M12*1.5, grade 5.8"?

or can we use the second plug instead on the first plug?

Typical

Posted on 14. Dec. 2015 - 05:09

This is not a bulk handling topic but for amusement's sake lets say that the DIN plug might be magnetically susceptible whereas its oppostion seems to be non-magnetic.

Obviously you could have found out the relative merits when you removed the original plug at inspection.

John Gateley johngateley@hotmail.com www.the-credible-bulk.com

Roland Heilmann
(not verified)

To Change Or Not To Change

Posted on 16. Dec. 2015 - 08:16

Dear Mr. Farid,

the manufacturer (SEW, no rel.) of the item you are investigating about does not usually specify a special item instead of a standard one. W in the denomination stands for Werkstandard, internal standard. I'd rather buy from the OEM than to risk to make an error or loose my warranty. Also, for such a minor item (from price pov), and if there's a supply problem, you may even approach them straightforwardly and ask if the swap would be acceptable.

Regards

R.

Age Concerns

Posted on 16. Dec. 2015 - 03:20

When I was interested in automotive workings I remember that magnetic drain plugs were used if the owner wanted to see how many wear particles had passed through the oli filter.

This practice disappeared in the late 70's. I forget why. My earlier suggestion was that if the removed plug had shown magnetised deposits then that said plug had been magnetised to collect the worn particles. If the starter is concerned about high wear he could magnetise the drain plug and when the parent equipment did indeed show excessive wear he could replace it with the original and then complain.

John Gateley johngateley@hotmail.com www.the-credible-bulk.com