5000 tph Pipe Conveyor for Potash

ash_bhatnagar
(not verified)
Posted in: , on 8. Apr. 2011 - 01:45

I am looking for the possibility of a pipe conveyor handling potash( BD 1.2t/m3) @ 5000 tph design capacity.

I would request the forum to guide me on the following:

1.Is it possible to design/ size for this capacity?

2.The max speed we can go for pipe conveyor

3.The max diameter we can go for pipe conveyor.

4.Is there any reference available for similar installation?

5.Would it be cheaper / expensive when compared to trough conveyor with fully enclosed gallery.

Regards

Re: 5000 Tph Pipe Conveyor For Potash

Posted on 8. Apr. 2011 - 01:56

Why a pipe conveyor? A trough belt can control the dust emission along its length?

Lawrence Nordell Conveyor Dynamics, Inc. website, email & phone contacts: www.conveyor-dynamics.com nordell@conveyor-dynamics.com phone: USA 360-671-2200 fax: USA 360-671-8450

Pipe Conveyor Transporting 5000 T/H At 1.2 T/Cm Density

Posted on 8. Apr. 2011 - 02:02

Yes, a pipe conveyor can handle your 5000 t/h with 1200 kg/m3.

It take less than 600 mm diameter which are in service.

Am I correct, you design pipe conveyors? Why ask others on these details if you do?

Lawrence Nordell Conveyor Dynamics, Inc. website, email & phone contacts: www.conveyor-dynamics.com nordell@conveyor-dynamics.com phone: USA 360-671-2200 fax: USA 360-671-8450

Trough Belt Controls Dust W/ Special Enclosure

Posted on 8. Apr. 2011 - 02:07

The point of my first reply is to inform you do not need to build an enclosed gallery to control dust emissions. We had to satisfy the environmental board for our Adani Dahej Port 14 km conveyor with a special enclosure for the trough conveyor. Depending on the design details, most likely the trough belt will be substantially less costly.

ash_bhatnagar
(not verified)

Posted on 8. Apr. 2011 - 06:36

Quote Originally Posted by nordellView Post
The point of my first reply is to inform you do not need to build an enclosed gallery to control dust emissions. We had to satisfy the environmental board for our Adani Dahej Port 14 km conveyor with a special enclosure for the trough conveyor. Depending on the design details, most likely the trough belt will be substantially less costly.

Hi Nordell,

Thanks for your comments. I do know about pipe conveyors, I have designed them but not to this scale, hence wanted to be doubly sure before recommending to my client and thats the purpose of this forum to get advice from experts like you and Phil Staples.(especially on trough/pipe conveyors)

Could you please direct me to / send details about the special enclosure you talked about in your mail.

Regards

Trough Best With New Dust Enclosure

Posted on 9. Apr. 2011 - 06:42

I can send details when we know the patent document is filed.

Phil Staples

Posted on 15. Apr. 2011 - 02:33

Yes there is no real problem with this capacity; however one must consider the actual belt.

There are very few companies that make belts wider than 2400mm so the 600mm dia pipe is NORMALLY a deciding factor.

However we are obviously aware of 800mm diameter pipe belts but they have restricted length.

SO conveyor length is a factor.

2. The max speed we can go for pipe conveyor.

The maximum speed is a function of client willingness; the amount of power you will consume and the ability to catch the product at the transfer.

3. The max diameter we can go for pipe conveyor.

Answered above.

4. Is there any reference available for similar installation?

Larry answered this.

5. Will it be cheaper / expensive when compared to trough conveyor with fully enclosed gallery.

Belt conveyors are always cheaper when in a single flight.

Pipe conveyors come into their own when eliminating transfer points.

We have done extensive work with the conveyor structure and specifically the triangular gantry and maintenance trolley.

The triangular gantry is now the preferred structure in India, being requested for most applications where the environment, safety, fire prevention and land sterilization are considered.

The triangular gantry can accommodate Pipe conveyors up to 600mm and belt conveyors up to 1200mm without COMPROMIZE to operation.

Obviously wider belt conveyors can run in the triangular gantry but the big advantage of structural mass reduction is dramatically reduced.

What I am basically saying is “do your homework”

Hope this helps.

High Capacity Pipe Conveyors

Posted on 16. Apr. 2011 - 10:45

Today, it is possible to transport limestone (@ your 1200 kg/cm), in a pipe conveyor configuration, with up to 150 mm lump, exceeding 10,000 t/h. Higher density materials at proportionaly higher tonnages.

High Capacity Pipe Conveyors - Restricted By Length ???

Posted on 16. Apr. 2011 - 10:48

Dear Phil,

Everything may have a length restriction. We do not double circumnavigate.

What is your length restriction??

Pipe Conveyor & Triangular Gantry Restriction ??

Posted on 16. Apr. 2011 - 10:50

Dear Phi,

Why does the pipe size restrict the triangular gantry size??

cimmuk
(not verified)

Posted on 11. May. 2011 - 12:05

we can supply such type of pipe conveyor.

Thanks,

BillTian

LMM GROUP Co., Ltd.

LMMGROUPCOLTD@gmail.com

Trouble In A Pipe Belt

Posted on 25. Dec. 2014 - 01:00

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your replies i go through ,of various questions put in the forum.

I aleays find your reply hits the target first,then explaining the issues, it makes me very interesting, though hard to go in depth sometimes.

I had a question about an observation. Textile pipe belt, I.D.-550 mm, EP 1500/5 , cover rubber-6/4, FR. The problem is : Power consumption was very high much more than the calculated value (~150%), powder like cover rubber is coming out of the bottom rubber like dust very fast. Customer finds the belt very stiff and heavey, hence claiming to replace. What are the most plausible reasons for this?

Regards,

asok ghosh

India.

Posted on 29. Apr. 2018 - 08:33

Hello,

Regarding mentioned pipe conveyor application for Potash, my views about capacity range are same as per earlier reply by Mr. Nordell.

Ishwar G. Mulani

Author of Book: ‘Engineering Science And Application Design For Belt Conveyors’. Conveyor design basis is ISO (thereby book is helpful to design conveyors as per national standards of most of the countries across world). New print Nov., 2012.

Author of Book: ‘Belt Feeder Design And Hopper Bin Silo’

Advisor / Consultant for Bulk Material Handling

System & Issues.

Pune, India. Tel.: 0091 (0)20 25871916

Email: conveyor.ishwar.mulani@gmail.com

Pipe Conveyor Record Length @ 17 Km

Posted on 29. Apr. 2018 - 03:54
Quote Originally Posted by I G MulaniView Post
Hello,

Regarding mentioned pipe conveyor application for Potash, my views about capacity range are same as per earlier reply by Mr. Nordell.

Ishwar G. Mulani

Author of Book: ‘Engineering Science And Application Design For Belt Conveyors’. Conveyor design basis is ISO (thereby book is helpful to design conveyors as per national standards of most of the countries across world). New print Nov., 2012.

Author of Book: ‘Belt Feeder Design And Hopper Bin Silo’

Advisor / Consultant for Bulk Material Handling

System & Issues.

Pune, India. Tel.: 0091 (0)20 25871916

Email: conveyor.ishwar.mulani@gmail.com

Dear Ishwar and Friends,

About 2 years ago we designed the world's longest single flight pipe conveyor at 17 km. This more than doubles the old posted 8 km length. It has since been running without incident.

New standards of design allow new hybrid methods to take advantage of modern technology where standard trough and pipe configurations co-exist along/within the same conveyor where sharp turns are necessary, but, which also utilize standard trough assy. to minimize power consumption and belt strength. There are other advancements that take advantage of fewer pipe rollers ( 4 and 5 roller assy.). Other modern features include extended idler spacing.

New testing regimes and finite element analysis provide confidence to extend the science to new records. New steel cord arrangements control pipe twisting as per our patent. We see no limit to length with the use of booster drive technology. Double Arrow has built a test assy. to evaluate the pipe diameter to 800 mm at their china factory. Bi-directional pipe conveyors have also been put into service.

Sandwich Belt High Angle Conveyor

Posted on 16. May. 2018 - 03:23
Quote Originally Posted by ashbhatnagarView Post
I am looking for the possibility of a pipe conveyor handling potash( BD 1.2t/m3) @ 5000 tph design capacity.

I would request the forum to guide me on the following:

2.The max speed we can go for pipe conveyor

3.The max diameter we can go for pipe conveyor.

4.Is there any reference available for similar installation?

5.Would it be cheaper / expensive when compared to trough conveyor with fully enclosed gallery.

Regards

Have you considered a Sandwich belt high angle conveyor? I am happy to send you information and prepare a budget quote.

[FONT=Arial Narrow]Amy Duncan Marketing Manager, Dos Santos International, LLC [email]aduncan@dossantosintl.com[/email] [url]www.dossantosintl.com[/url][/FONT]

Mind Your Heads

Posted on 7. Jun. 2018 - 09:17

Germans say the devil hides in detail. It also seems he finds pipe conveyors a good hiding place.

"We have done extensive work with the conveyor structure and specifically the triangular gantry and maintenance trolley.

The triangular gantry is now the preferred structure in India, being requested for most applications where the environment, safety, fire prevention and land sterilization are considered.
" This one takes a bit of explaining: why not all applications where..... if it so good?

"Why does the pipe size restrict the triangular gantry size??" Where would you make room for the fancy maintenance trolley?

"We do not double circumnavigate." Are we talking about a pipe belt or this thread?

Pipe conveying is a folly: one of Hirohito's revenges.

John Gateley johngateley@hotmail.com www.the-credible-bulk.com